Re: can named listen to other port not 53 / some dnsmasq question.

M E Fieu wrote:
Hi..
Question 1
how to make the DNS Bind Name listen to other port e.g 54 instead of port 53 ??

Question 2
Any one used DNSmasq before? DNSmasq can query the named DNS server and if the record is not
found, it will query the public DNS server that listed in resolv.conf

But DNSmasq can't use the same port as the local named server, I want to set the named DNS server
to listen to port 54 so I need to configure the DNSmasq to query via port 54 to named right?  Does
anyone know how to do it?

It might be easier to use an alias address rather than a different port. So you could have DNSmasq listening on port 53 of eth0 and named listening on port 53 of eth0:1. You might even be able to do it without aliases by getting named to listen on a non-standard localnet address like 127.0.0.2

Paul.