Re: FC5 Installation problem : help needed !

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
Hi all,

I've an installation problem of FC5 on a server (RH 7.2 installed). The
cd-rom drive is ko. The bios cannot boot in PXE.
My only way is to succeed to install FC5 when the server is booted in RH 7.2
Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks for any help ....

People have installed the kernel and initrd from the install CD and upgraded through the network or downloaded ISO or directory structure to install without a CDROM or PXE boot capability. The archives back a couple distributions should contain the information needed.

I have not tried this but the replies from the thread were positive.

Jim

--
In Lowes Crossroads, Delaware, it is a violation of local law for any
pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while