gonme-vfs smb w/Win98 first edition....

Sorry if this is in a FAQ; I looked in gnome Bugzilla as well...

Is there a strange problem with Gnome SMB:// browsing on FC5? Clean install a first edition Win98 w/ SP1. I can see the machine on Navigator (monitored net traffic OK, broadcasts working OK, firewall disabled on the eth port, the system basically works). But when I click on a directory, it fails by turning folder into a "file" icon that cannot be read.

FC5 is a recent, clean, vanilla x86_64 install where everything else works extremely well.

The only odd configuration issue is it has a null ethernet connection that needs ping to keep it from sleeping...

Kicker is that smbclient works flawlessly, at least moving some directories and files, traversing the directories, etc.

TIA awfar@xxxxxxxx