Re: mplayer problems

On Sun May 14 2006 3:12 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But I was able to get yumex to fix it, by letting it delete the
> dependencies too, and then reinstall it all from livna.  Hopefully this
> till get it back among the living.

Gene: If you still have trouble with Livna's mplayerplug-in, try the one from
here: http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/download.php
I had a similar problem which turned out to have two sources, one being some
strange conflict between mplayer and my ATI driver from Livna related to
Selinux; the other was the Livna mplayerplug-in. The ATI problem was supposed
to have been fixed, but I haven't tried it, yet - I had dealt with that one
by turning Selinux off, temporarily. I don't know if the mplayerplug-in
difference between the sourceforge download and Livna's was resolved.
Installing the one from Sourceforge after removing the Livna one, got me
going a couple of weeks ago.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA