Re: Where things stand

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 11:35 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
> > Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >>    I loaded Fedora Core 5 after using Fedora Core 2 for a year or 2.
> >> It was an experiance that was not happy. Due to problems I decided to
> >> upgrade to Fedora Core 4 instead. That had it's problems too.
> >
> > It would probably have been a better idea to try to solve the issues
> > with FC5, since that is the focus of support and fixes.  FC4 is
> > already getting a bit wrinkly.  FWIW FC5 has worked out of the box
> > just great on most machines here.
> >
> > -Andy
>     Hi Andy, FC5 has not worked out of the box at all well for me.

So you are saying that because there was a hiccup in the install that
you believe an older release is better?

You used FC2 for a while and did not ever do updates?  That is bizarre
since FC is designed to be fast moving and has frequent updates.

The release notes (which come up by default when you first opened the
web browser) also has information about how to do updates.

Simply doing a bit of easy search and reading would have pointed you to
many resources.