Re: FC5 xorg and dual head

Chris Ruprecht wrote:
Hello,

I did a clean installed of FC5 on my laptop.

Under FC4 I can run dual head (meaning that I use the laptops LCD
display plus a second external LCD monitor showing different desktops at
the same time) just fine.

Under FC5, this is broken. If I select "Individual desktops", the
external monitor just says 'No signal' and after a while, goes to sleep.

I asked this a few weeks ago, when I first installed FC5 (upgraded from
FC4) and I have since then installed SuSE 10, then FC4 and then FC5
again. I don't want to run FC4 since I don't seem to get Firefox 1.5.x.x
and Thunderbird 1.5.x.x to install (it wants to install later versions
of stuff that I need for other things and fails badly).
The failure in FC4 is that they didn't install libstdc++.so.5 which is required for Thunderbird and Firefox. I found you can yum install that lib and both will work fine on FC4. They got it right on FC5.

Karl

 The answer I got
back then was "Yeah, it's broken, check for updates frequently." I
appreciate the answer, don't get me wrong - at least I know I'm not
going nuts - others also have this issue. But I was sort of thinking
that this should be not to difficult to fix for somebody with the right
experience. Or am I expecting too much?

Thanks,
Chris