Re: FC5, Another unhappy camper

Craig White wrote:

I believe, submitting bug reports can be discouraging. Open source, commercial, whatever. Look through lists of bug reports, across various projects, that have no responses whatsoever by debuggers or developers. The submitter is then asking, has anyone even read this? A simple response such as "I can't reproduce this" is enough of an acknowledgement to show the submitter that their input is valued.
----
did you have an example or is this just a generalized grip with no
specificity?

Craig

I missed the beginning of this thread, so I probably went OT. Anyways, I don't want to go into this too much, as I could write a book on this topic on my experiences commercial tech support and commerical/foss bug submitting.

I could be an example. I do browse other bug reports on projects and find them unanswered and unassigned. I have unanswered ones. I can't remember if anyone replied to my Nautilus (FC4) bug, but after 9 months of being up I just deleted/cancelled it. At least it doesn't exist in FC5. Rejection and insult if often received when submitting a bug to a commercial giant.
Stephen