Re: PAM Recipe to Authenticate on Either the User's Password or Root's Password

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 01:07, Schlaegel wrote:

> I would like to have `sudo` check the password against both the target
> user and the current user. `sudo` defaults to checking it against the
> current user and has a 'targetpw' option to check it against the
> target user INSTEAD. I would like it to check both users, and if
> either matches then consider it a match.
>
> So, so far your excerpts don't help, but I appreciate the effort.

Can't help, but if they know the target password they could
use su instead of sudo where the main purpose is to let you
do things without knowing that password. Maybe a bit of user
education would solve the problem.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx