Re: Floppy format question.

Roy Henning wrote:
It sounds like your floppy drive has failed or you are using inferior
disks.

Roy Henning

satimis@xxxxxxxxx 05/11 9:50 AM >>>
Hi folks,

On formatting floppy, most of the floppies in my possession failed to
get through verification, such as

Verifying ... Problem reading cylinder 0, expected 18432, read 8192
Verifying ... Problem reading cylinder 51, expected 18432, read 10240
Verifying ... Problem reading cylinder 1, expected 18432, read 14336
etc.

Format has no problem.  Please advise how to fix them.

TIA

B.R.
SL
This is, generally speaking, about what I get when I try to use an HD diskette in a drive thats truely DD compatible. It simply doesn't drive the record head hard enough to get the HD media's attention, so the verify fails.

--
Cheers, Gene