Re: AWE32 Sound card

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 22:12 +0800, Hudson.Peng wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> My soundblaster AWE 32 ISA card never work well since I use FC4 and
> FC5, Pls give advice about this issue.

Mine usually blows up when I do a bunch of 'recommended' OSS edits to modules.conf.
I have removed all references to sound in that file, turned the machine
off, removed the card, restarted the machine, (so it is recorded as
removed), shutdown again, re-installed the card, and rebooted. Voila! It
works as hwconf puts what it needs into modules.conf. Be careful what
you add to modules.conf... sometimes all that OSS stuff isn't necessary.
Make sure your mixer is set correctly. Ric