Re: sendmail problem

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Les Mikesell wrote:

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 11:14, Mike.Kent@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, you are correct, /etc/hosts does seem to be the key but what I've
run into is that changing the 127.0.0.1 line by making the hostname
fully qualified breaks other things on production servers. I'll
probably wind up using define(`confDOMAIN_NAME’, `xx.xx.xx')dnl to set
macro $j in sendmail.cf. That effectively bypasses the /etc/hosts
issue.

It's not /etc/hosts.  It is the system hostname, which you
can set with the hostname command or with the fedora GUI
system-config-network program.  Sendmail must be restarted to
pick up the new name.

IIRC, setting the host name with hostname won't preserve it across reboots. Use system-config-network or edit /etc/sysconfig/network, then reboot.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu