Re: new epson C88, but c84 driver is newest in gimp-print

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:25:21AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 10:47:02PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

Is there any hope of being able to build this puppy against the 1.2.0 version of cups?
Fetch it from updates-testing.

Tim.
*/
Humm, I don't have an updates-testing in the repo list for yumex, but when I goto the updates screen, there is some new cups & compiler stuff, but no gutenprint. Its installing all that now. But I'm not sure what good it will do me to update cups when its gutenprint I think I need?

Sorry, I thought you were asking for CUPS-1.2.0 packages.

Where do I find support for the c88 printer then? After updateing cups again this morning, I see new options, like doing a printer self-test page, but according the the jobs screen, that is stopped at a line of 'novalue', but I was able to cancel then ok. And the normal test pages color wheel is still fubar as described before, although most everything else looks fine. This was in the 360x360 dpi mode. Is there another draft speed mode that would work better on this c88?
Tim.
*/

--
Cheers, Gene