Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Fialed to partition a SD card.
>
> mini SD
> kingmax 128M
> FC5_64
> ==========
>

> Disk /dev/sdb: 127 MB, 127139840 bytes
> 8 heads, 32 sectors/track, 970 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 256 * 512 = 131072 bytes
>
>    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/sdb1               1         969      123983+   6  FAT16
>

> # fdisk /dev/sdb
> You will not be able to write the partition table.
>

> # fdisk /dev/sdb1

May I ask why you want to create a partition table on partition 1 of
the SD card? It will not be usable. You normally work with the
partition table for the entire drive. In this case, you would use
/dev/sdb, not /dev/sdb1. But besides that problem, it looks like the
SD card is read-only, so you will not be able to partition it. Your
log files may be able to tell you why. It could be that the card
write-protect switch is turned on. It could also be a driver
problem. Without knowing what hardware you are using to access the
SD card, all we can do is guess at this time.

Check the write protect switch on the card. If that is not the
problem, look at the messages in /var/log/messages when you plug in
the card. If that does not help, post the hardware you are using to
access the card, and that will tell us what questions to ask to find
the problem.

Mikkel