Re: Fishing License

Andy Green wrote:
Just something to point people at in your organization who did not see the benefits of a FOSS solution yet. Reliance on proprietary software opens up an ugly licensing liability problem and Microsoft are actively [1] using it to harass and shake down companies.

They shook down our company. Some laptops were out of compliance. We can run the latest of everything for Office and the OS because of the type of license we needed to sign up for to prevent lawsuits. (Not involved in this problem directly or involved in auditing, etc personally)

What a wonderful company M$ runs!

Jim

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=111186

[1] Actually this is a sign of stagnation and lack of growth for MSFT that they have a programme to try to squeeze the pips.

--
"To take a significant step forward, you must make a series of finite
improvements."