Re: PC Card

how have you got the eth0 card configured? If you have have it on
"automatic" address assignment you need to have a device (e.g a home router
or in an office setup possibly a separate server) to assign an IP address by
DHCP

but it looks like you the card isn't plugged in, (the carrier:0 from
ifconfig should be a 1) what is is plugged into? did the same connection
previously work in e.g. windows, or if you plug a different device in now?

It is on automatic. It is getting the dns address and connecting to the
Internet. It is just "extremely" slow. All other machines are connecting
fine. It can take 3-5 minutes to load a page. I got Fedora loaded on another
Desktop and that connects fine, it's just this laptop that is fighting me! I
think I'll just give up on it.