Re: system-config-network and ndiswrapper

2006/5/6, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 16:21 -0400, Philippe A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In FC4, I need to copy ifcfg-eth0 as ifcfg-wlan0 before I can properly
> configure my wireless adapter with system-config-network. The reason
> is system-config-network does not allow me to type the device name I
> need (ie wlan0). Is this corrected in FC5?
> --
Sounds like you need to start initscripts NetworkManager and
NetwrokManagerDispatcher, stop initscript network from running and use
the nm-applet to cofiogure your wlan.

Sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to explain. My problem is specifically with system-config-network. It does not allow me to enter the device name of my choice (ie wlan0). The workaround I have found is to copy ifcfg-eth0 as ifcfg-wlan0 and change the device name for wlan0 in ifcfg-wlan0. Then when I start system-config-network, my wireless adapter is set on wlan0 and I can complete its config. I was hoping system-config-network was a bit more intelligent in FC5.

Thanks!