Re: haldaemon won't start

Josenildo Marques wrote:
Hello !
Haldaemon stopped working and I don't know what to do.
# service haldaemon start
Starting HAL daemon:                                       [FAILED]

# chkconfig --list haldaemon
haldaemon       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Any help appreciated.
TIA

I had a similar issue a few months ago. I did everything and I seem to remember that the issue was related to selinux. I am trying to remember through my foggy mind that I had to re-initialize selinux including relabeling.

Try to disable selinux and see if it will start.

This was on FC4.

--
Robin Laing