Re: firefox video plugin for windows media player video?

Paul ZHU wrote:
hello,

My FC5 installed many multimedia players as well as firefox plugins such
as realplayer,etc.  But majority chinese website need IE+windows media
player to watch video. I really hate these widespread Windows+IE in
China(MS let the pirated Windows dominated China!!!)

Do you know what kind of video plugin I can install to view these
webpages? for example: http://bn.sina.com.cn

Those websites sometimes pop out something like you need IE, you need
windows media player, what the XXXX! :(

Br,
Paul ZHU
First of all, you need the WMV codecs and other nonfree codecs they might be using:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
Download "essential codecs package" from one of the mirrors, and make the directory /usr/local/lib/codecs, and extract the package there. Make a symlink:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/codecs /usr/local/lib/win32
Just in case something looks for them there.
Then, most of the movie players should be able to play these windows and other movie formats. So you can install mozilla-totem-xine, mplayerplug-in, mozilla-vlc, or totem-mozplugin to get a plugin for one of those 4 players in firefox.
-Dan