Re: login issues

I have a laptop installation and it figured most of thre drivers , fedora core 5. it boots fine and then comes to this localhost login screen, where i used root and gave pwd and then goes to root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx it.. i did the telinit 5 and its say switching to runlevel 5.

some one replied saying i need to make another directory/username than root to get int?? i made a directory but still it insists on local host login?

thanks for your help