Re: FC5 and Intel 3945ABG wireless problem = screen blank after boot

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 04:20:29PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> Further to this:
>
> On 5/7/06, Simon <greminn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >hi there,
> >
> >i had FC5 installed on my toshiba tecra a6 with all updates applied
> >and working. The last thing was to get the wireless adapter working.
> >Its a Intel 3945ABG which is too new, so i installed the ieee80211
> >ipw3945 rpms from atrpms, folllowing some instructions that i found on
> >the net.
> >
> >On a reboot, the laptop goes thru its boot screen (the graphical FC5
> >one) then once thats finished i get a blank screen. I thought this
> >might be just a X problem, but no disk light when you try to login,
> >and i cant Alt to a console.
> >
> >I can press the power button and it starts to power down, but not
> >completly...
> >
> >Any ideas on where to look on this one?
>
> If i start FC5 at init3, i can then login and do a 'startx' and
> everything works fine. It just wont get to the login screen on a
> normal boot.

Try commenting out the ipw3945 entries in /etc/modprobe.conf and see
if that fixes it. If it does then please report this to the ipw3945
list. If it doesn't then it's something else and not releated to
ipw3945 (since it's deactivated).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net