Re: FC4 -> FC5 fails with exception in Anaconda

At 7:32 PM +0200 5/6/06, Anders Dahlgren wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to upgrade my FC4 to FC5 from DVD. The media check is OK.
>
>Anaconda finds my FC4 installation on /dev/hda1 correctly. When I
>click next to begin the upgrade Anaconda scans the installation and I
>get "Exception Occoured". If I look into the exception details I find
>this:
>
>File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fssd.py", line 1050, inmount raise
>SystemError(errNum, errMsg)
>UnboundLocalError: local variable 'errNum' referenced before assignment
>
>It happens every time I try to upgrade. Any ideas how to solve this
>and upgrade mys system?

Well, it looks like there is a bug in the exception handling code, so the
actual error you first encountered didn't get shown, making it all rather
mysterious.  I'd say try messing around, say try "linux text" and do it the
ugly way.

Also, bugzilla against anaconda with the message you show above, so they at
least fix the second problem.