Re: [FC5] Chinese fonts

Ed Greshko wrote:
M.Lewis wrote:

From what I've read about this issue, it is a problem with KDE (which I
am using). But I've also read that it only affects the console. This
leads me to believe the browser (firefox) and mail clients (t'bird) do
not have this issue.

It affects more than just konsole.  Other KDE apps have the issue.

Actually, this is not the case here. I see the problem in Firefox,
Tbird, and the console.

A snippet from Firefox is:

?????????????? · ASP???? · ???????????

Now this really isn't a big deal to me because I couldn't read it even
if it were displayed properly. Still, I'd like to have something other
than the little blocks displayed.

Any suggestions ?

Did you "yum groupinstall chinese-support"?

No, I did not. Will that allow the Chinese characters to be displayed (even though I can't read them)?

What else might this effect ?

--

When all else fails, let a = 7. If that doesn't help, then read the manual.
  01:40:01 up 10:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.11, 0.09

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org