Re: Azureus Firewalled

Ali Helmy wrote:
Hey mates,

I downloaded and installed the latest Azureus Bit-Torrent client, and
installed it with all the default configuration... Now it picked port 36814
by itself, but now when I run it, even though it works and downloads fine,
it pops-up a message saying

"Warning If you have a router/firewall please check that you have port 36814
UDP open. Decentralised tracking requires this"

So is this a problem with my firewall settings, or is it my router and what
can I do to fix it?
The UDP port is needed for DHT (distributed host tracking) {more efficient ?}. I've noticed that it takes some time before the DHT indicator in the status bar goes green.
You should do the NAT test (for the same port number but TCP).

This is probably blocked by default on your firewall/router, and also in FC4/FC5 firewall (iptables).

In FC Security Level and Firewall, add TCP/36814 and UDP/36814 as allowed incoming connections. Also, on the nat router, create a port forward between public port for TCP and UDP to map to the private (internal) ip address of your PC.

DaveT.