Re: Odd messages during bootup from gdm

Gene Heskett wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

I'd suggest relabelling the system before trying anything else. This will take a long time so schedule it at an appropriate time.

Set SELinux to permissive mode, reboot, and in the grub menu add "autorelabel" to the end of the "kernel" line.

After rebooting you can change SELinux back to enforcing mode if that's the setting you had before.

That will probably fix most of the AVC issues you're seeing.

Paul.

Ok, thats next, I can answer the rest of this mail after thats done. Thanks :)

Unforch, the append on the kernel line of grub.conf did nothing. so I read the manpage again, and "touch /.autorelabel" is the magic spell. Back in a bit...

--
Cheers, Gene