Re: fedora-package-announce@xxxxxxxxxx message ?

Don Russell wrote:
Guy Fraser wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-05 at 20:56 -0700, Don Russell wrote:
Don Russell wrote:
Tim wrote:
If you did it right, you should have got confirmation messages. I did not see anything new when I looked early. New subscribers to a mailing list will only get messages posted after their subscription time, they
will not get the messages previously posted to the list.
In my case I received my confirmation, the date header is

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:57:38 -0400

I opted for FC 5 announcements,

Checking an archived message:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2006-May/msg00029.html

That has a date header of /Date/: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:09:07 -0400

Yet I never received the announcement.
Implied, but not stated:

I have not received a single message for the new list.
Neither have I.

I went back to the mailing list link and went into edit
and discovered you have to select FC3, FC4 and/or FC5
announcements specifically.

I don't recall being told I needed to do that.

That's not right.... if you read the text carefully it says if you explicitly select anything, then you will get everything.

OOPS! That should be if you *DO NOT* explicitly select anything, then you get everything.