Re: Kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5: eth0 dead

On 5/5/06, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:14:38PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
 > Dave,
 >    Doesn't the fact that the msi changes exist in the current FC4
 > kernel as well yet there are no networking problems in FC4 argue
 > against it being msi related? Wouldn't it more likely be caused
 > by some patch or change unique to the FC5 kernel?

There was a Xen update in the FC5 which wasn't changelogged for some reason.
It's believed this is responsible for the broken networking (even on non-xen kernels).
(Which explains why the FC4 kernel didnt get the same bugs).

I'm working on getting a 2109 built with the xen changes reverted.

Would new version release to fix the error ?
Because lots of people complaining it... :-)