Re: Where is the best place for "mount" commands?

on 03/05/2006 07:32 WipeOut said the following:
I have a number mounts I need for network shares on my samba server.. I would like the mount commands to run when I login..

Where is the best place for a "login script" type thing in a Linux system?

I have read mention of using rc.local, .bashrc and .profile files but haven't found anything conclusive as to what the "right" way to do it is..

Any advice would be appreciated..

Hi;

Once i needed something like this, and what I did was a very simple script that runs when the system starts using rc.local. Of course before using this script, I have to define first the mounting points in /etc/fstab. Whit this after all process starts, rc.local searches for
local scripts in this case my script: mount.sh.

Hope this helps.

Regards