Re: Internet lockup

Tim wrote:
> The advice is still good.  Or is what you're using actually a switch and
> you've just called it a hub?

I pressed "list-reply" to ask "why should you think a hub is more
*reliable* than a switch? A switch is going to be faster, both because
it can handle more than one connection at a time, and because it's
likely to support faster connections. But they should both *work* to
connect several computers."

Then my sigmonster came up with *that* quote. Is that what you're
wondering? Have you found hubs to be less reliable in practice?

Or do you just think that hubs, being older, are more likely to go wrong
than modern switches?

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Hardware simply does not work like the manual says
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | and no amount of Zen contemplation will ever make you