Re: Yummy ideas.

On 5/1/06, "Malcolm Candlish" <Candlish@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Sirs,
I am having difficulty in getting a yum connection and wonde
red if anyone could recommend a UK baseurl to facilitate an
efficient service.

When I try yum I get the following response:-

[root@malcolm malcolm]# yum install epiphany
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
updates
 [1/3]
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates

My /etc/yum.conf file is as follows:-

# Note: This file is no longer the entire yum configuration
# for fedorafaq.org. See http://www.fedorafaq.org/#yumconf
# for details on how to set up your system with the new
# yum configuration.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
# We don't want to gpg-check local, unsigned packages
#gpgcheck=1
# Changed this because some mirrors go down and then
# re-trying takes forever.
retries=1
timeout=10

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo

You do not have any repositories listed in yum.conf. The actual
repository (.repo) files are in /etc/yum.repos.d/.

Search here for a list of mirrors:
http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/mirrors.html