FC5, madwifi and system-config-network

Hi,
I installed madwifi-ng on my newly installed FC5 box.  I could connected to
my WEP protected network just fine using the 'modprobe', 'ifconfig',
'ifup', 'iwconfig', and 'route' commands.  The problem is that I don't want
to use those commands to connect.  I simply want to use
system-config-network to make a profile that I can use with the 'ifup'
command.

system-config-network doesn't see ath0 when I select "New wireless device."
It only sees wifi0 when I select "New ethernet device."

'iwconfig' sees ath0.  'ifconfig' sees lo, eth0, and wifi0.  modprobe.conf
has an entry 'alias wifi0 ath_pci'.

Something seems wrong.  Why is there an "ethernet" device for my wireless
device?  Why does ifconfig see ath0, but system-config-network doesn't?

Thanks for the help.