Re: Beagle, what can I do with it?

taharka wrote:
Howdy,

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 10:26 -0400, Bob Rowlands wrote:
On 5/1/06, Leon <[email protected]> wrote:
Bob Goodwin <[email protected]> writes:

I see that "beagle" is part of FC5 and has generated
a lot of files but I can't find any way to make it do anything?
Entering "beagle" goes no where, "bash: beagle: command not found"

I don't find a "man page" for it.  Perhaps I could simply remove it via yum?
Or is there some trick to getting it to do something?  Google has not
helped.

Any help appreciated.

Bob Goodwin,   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod
Bob,

You need to start *beagled* before you can do anything with
beagle. There is no beagle command actually. After you start
`beagled', type `beagle-search' to use it. If you don't start beagled,
you will get `Search service not running' error.

--
Leon
Where does documentation for Beagle exit? Why would it be useful? If I

[email protected]:~> rpm -qi beagle
Name        : beagle                       Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 0.0.13.3                          Vendor: SUSE LINUX
Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 9.6                           Build Date: Mon 24 Apr 2006
12:49:42 AM EDT
Install date: Tue 25 Apr 2006 08:52:33 AM EDT      Build Host:
nelson.suse.de
Group       : Productivity/Other            Source RPM:
beagle-0.0.13.3-9.6.src.rpm
Size        : 1632097                          License: X11/MIT, Apache
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 24 Apr 2006 10:30:05 AM EDT, Key ID
a84edae89c800acaPackager    : http://www.suse.de/feedback
URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/beagle/
Summary     : Desktop search application
Description :
Beagle is a search tool that ransacks your personal information
   space to find whatever you're looking for. Beagle can search in
   many different domains: * documents

* emails

* web history

* IM/IRC conversations

* source code

* images

* music files

* applications

* ...and much more

Authors:
--------
    Jon Trowbridge       <[email protected]>
    Nat Friedman         <[email protected]>
    Todd Berman          <[email protected]>
    Michael Levy         <[email protected]>
    Joe Gasiorek         <[email protected]>
    Arwed V. Merkatz     <[email protected]>
    Christopher Orr      <[email protected]xxx>
    Dave Camp            <[email protected]>
    Veerapuram Varadhan  <[email protected]>
    Michael Bayne        <[email protected]>
    Fredrik Hedberg      <[email protected]>
    Robert Love          <[email protected]>
    Joe Shaw             <[email protected]>
    Chris Lahey          <[email protected]>
    Tuomas Kuosmanen     <[email protected]>
    Alex Graveley        <[email protected]>
    Adam Lofts           <[email protected]>
    Lukas Lipka          <[email protected]>
    Rafael Slinckx       <[email protected]>
    James Vipond         <[email protected]>
    Carl-Emil Lagerstedt <[email protected]>

Bob Rowlands <[email protected]>
taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Ok, "beagle-search" was the command I needed!  I spent the last fifteen
minutes messing with that and now I know that it's another learning effort. I will keep it and see what use I can make of it.
Thanks to all ...

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod