Opening an URL in kmail or knode

There seems to have been a slight change
in the way kmail/knode interacts with firefox.

When I click on an URL in kmail or knode,
with firefox running on a different desktop,
the focus now goes to the firefox window.

Previously, the link would be saved in firefox,
but the focus would remain on kmail (say).
This allowed me, when reading the NY Times, for example,
to click on several URLs, and continue reading the paper
while firefox collected the pages I'd asked for.

Is this a setting I could alter,
or is it a change in a recent version of firefox?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366