Re: FC 5 black screen before install

On 5/1/06, fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
<fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have downloaded, sha1sum'ed and burned a set of CD install discs.
After booting from disc 1, I hit <enter> to start a graphical install
and get a black screen.  I have tried several variants of 'linux xxx'
at the boot: prompt and all result in the black screen.

I'm running:
Asus A7V333
AMD Athlon XP 1800
512 MB RAM
nVidia NV15DDR GeForce2 Ti
Sony Trinitron Multiscan G400

Any ideas on getting an install process that I can see executing?

Is your monitor a LCD one?

Paul