FC4 iptables and amanda

I'm attempting to set up my laptop as an amanda client. If I stop iptables, everything appears to work which tells me that my amanda configuration is correct on both the client and the server. I've got the usual ports open to my server for amanda (10080 and 10081 for both tcp and udp, 10082 and 10083 for tcp only). Lots of Googling seems to indicate the problem is with amanda using random, high udp ports in addition to the known ports. I've tried loading ip_conntrack_amanda and changing the timeout but I'm still getting a selfcheck tmeout. The laptop is running the current FC4 64 bit kernel and amanda is also current.

I can always use the workaround of just stopping iptables when I'm on my home network or allowing any udp connections from my server's address but these both sound rather kludgey. Anyone have any suggestions? Is ip_conntrack_amanda broken for 64 bit kernels? Are there some magical parameters to ip_conntrack_amanda I need to know about?

Thanks,
Dave