Re: Best yum repositories for FC5?

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 21:54 +0100, WipeOut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this has come up often, I tried searching but couldn't find the
> answer..
>
> Livna seems to have the most available packages for FC5..
> RPMforge don't seem to have support for FC5 yet..
> FreshRPMS have a few packages but not really that many as far as I can see..
>
> What are all of you using?

I use the following:

core/updates/extras/livna +

gstreamer -
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/fedora5.html

I only use the gstreamer-0.10-gst.repo file.
The -deps repo is basically just livna stuff.
The -apps repo didn't have anything of interest to me.

I like the gstreamer repo because it has some cool plugins that are not
in rpm.livna.org - and also, gstreamer10 is under somewhat rapid
development, bug fixes seem to appear there first. Word of caution - it
will replace core/updates gstreamer packages. I think it is worth it
though. The packager for that repository is a core gstreamer developer,
and also packages stuff for extras/livna.

tetexrpm - (self plug) http://www.tetexrpm.org/

This is a repo I run for strictly noarch packages for tetex3.
Unless you are into LaTeX, it is of no interest to you. That's all it
has.