Re: Upgrading to FC5

On 4/27/06, Jim Lowman <jmlowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I've been running FC4 on a dedicated AMD64 box,
and also on a laptop, and have downloaded and
burned the ISOs for both the i386 and AMD64
versions of FC5.

Is it always recommended to do a clean install,
or would choosing the upgrade option on
installation suffice?

I think it is always 'recommended' , however I am sure it should be
perfectly ok to do an upgrade - else I don't think they would have
taken the time to put in the upgrade functionality. Most people seem
to be just fine with upgrading - me, I like the fresh OS feel of a
brand new version of Fedora.