Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

How do,

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 16:54 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:35 -0400, taharka wrote:
> > Howdy Marco,
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 17:53 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > <snip>
> > Might I suggest in the future, you use the terms physically/mentally
> > challenged instead of disabled users? Here in the U.S. there is a never
> > ending supply of politically correct nuts :-((
> >
> Just because you prefer politically correct terminology does not mean
> everyone has to mollify your sensibilities.

No, you read that wrong/something that is not there. I did not say I
prefer politically correct terminology. Personally, I prefer PC to be
stuck where the sun don't shine.

> I would never ask someone from a different area to change their language
> use just to satisfy me.

Nor would I. This was merely a suggestion to avoid the PC crowd.

> You are free to reply with the terms you prefer, just as Marco is free
> to use the phrases he wishes.

I fail to see your point, no one said that we weren't.