Re: fc3, fc4, fc5, grub

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 19:10 -0600, Chuck Sterling wrote:
> In a couple of installation tries of fc5 it was as though the boot
> sector was untouched. The system would boot into WinXP without
> displaying any kind of boot menu.

I can confirm the same behaviour.  Manually installing GRUB to the same
locations that we expected the installation routine to install it to,
worked fine.

We were unable to work out any reason why GRUB didn't get installed to
the /dev/hda MBR.  The BIOS, for instance, didn't have any boot record
protective options set.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.