Re: FC and Vmware

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 17:52, bruce wrote:

> Is there an Open Source Vmware for FC? Or is Xen the closest we have?

VMware server is free but not open source.

> I'm
> looking at being able to create a kind of Virtual system to allow users to
> access/log into a couple of boxes, to run smoe apps. If I could more or less
> create a basic environment where they could login, run the apps, and then
> get out, i wouldn't have to worry about them screwing up the system...
>
> Thoughts/Comments...

Linux is designed to be multi-user.  Normal permissions are good
enough to keep non-root users from screwing up the system.  You
should only need to bother with virtualization if you need
different OS versions or want to give root permission to others.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx