boot problems with FC5 and Matrox g100

Hi there,

I am having some issues with a clean install of FC5 on a compaq deskpro system, grub seems to come up ok, once the system gets the the hardware detection phase of the boot process the screen gets garbled. But still continues to load.

I have tried disabling the matrox drivers via /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist but the matrox drivers still seem to be loaded.

Any Ideas?