laptop spontaneously wakes up from suspend to RAM while inside case!

With FC5, completely up to date on a Dell D800 Latitude, I have
experienced this bad problem.  I do ACPI suspend with the FN-Esc key,
which triggers the suspend to ram.  The system powers down and if I do
not move the computer, then it stays suspended.  The power LED slowly
flashes, the system cools down.   However, if I carry it around inside
the case, for some reason it turns on and (of course) gets really
really hot.

If you can tell me how to bug shoot this, I will appreciate it.  Is it
a hardware or software problem?
I'm reading the acpi_howto
(http://www.columbia.edu/~ariel/acpi/acpi_howto.txt) but it does not
speak to this kind of trouble.