Re: FC5 TV recording?

MythTV is the popular choice for this functionality.
http://www.mythtv.org
-Dan

>http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ has a very good guide to setting up a mythtv
>system using Fedora.

I have tried Myth TV and it keeps changing my screen resolution, and taking over the entire computer screen.  I don't want to dedicate the computer to be a PVR/DVR.  I also couldn't get it to watch Live TV from a window on the computer when running Myth TV.  Unless I have something missconfigured.  I couldn't see half of the menu on the LCD monitor that I would be viewing the TV programs on.

I have run the MythTV setup and followed the instuctions listed in the sites listed above.

I did find a record-tv.sh script that accesses file from xwatv but it errors out with:
no way to get: 320x240 MJPEG (AVI)
Oops: fifo is 1 (expected 0) [common/fifo.c:fifo_check:139]

I would like to view the TV programs on the computer, or another computer connected on the network.  I would like to record the files to copy to another computer or play them on the computer it was recorded on.

--
Terry Snyder Jr