Re: Aprox 25 failed http and DVD installs of FC5 and counting :o/

Christofer C. Bell wrote:

I have no suggestions for a real fix, but a possible work around would
be to install the system using ext2.  ext3 is simply ext2 + a journal
which you can add later.  If that at least gets you installed, you can
add the journal and then continue to mount the partitions as ext3.  If
you can't mount them as ext3 without raising the issue again, then at
least you have a working system running on ext2.

Just an idea, I can't guarantee it will solve anything for you.

Yes, ext2 on it's own and no LVM are my two remaining options as far as I can see.

I'll give them a try :o/

--

Dave