Re: RealPlayer help needed. - follow-up

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 16:13 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 4/20/06, alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >
> > > I have done this so may times you htink I owuld rmember how to od it but
> > > I can't. I have mplayer installed it will play video with sound.
> > >
> > > I also have realplay installed but when I go to the NPR website and try
> > > to play audio streams in firefox, mplayer opens up and the audio stream
> > > is not played.
> > >
> > > Can someone help and tell me how to make the audio streams play
> > > correctly? Right now I am trying to do this on an FC4 machine which I
> > > have done before as I said, but I am failing.
> >
> > Go into the sound driver volume control and make sure that PCM is on and
> > unmuted.
> >

> You need to get the Freshrpms version of mplayerplug-in that does not
> process Realplayer file associations. Stanton Finley has more
> configuration information at his site::
>
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html
I finally got around to trying to follow the directiosn in the
installation instructions referred to above. The results are as follows:
1, I can find no mplayerplug-in from the freshrpms.repo.
2. The suggested installation instructions left me as before;
videos play, abc news radio works, a rock stations audio stream works
but npr's audio stream does not. So I have not moved much forward.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>