Re: Firefox Acroread plugin not working

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 13:38 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> From previous remarks made in this and similar threads, I'm wondering
> about the java J2SE I'm currently downloading to that FC5 lappy.
>
> In that event, is the correct chcon command:
> chcon  -t
> texrel_shlib_t /path/to/directory_of_library_being_complained_about/*.so

Sometimes the directory is shared with other things so that might not be
advisable.

Try something more along the lines of:

while app-fails-to-run
do
	note failing library filename
	chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /path/to/libXYZ.so.number
done

That should just fix the libraries that need fixing.

Make a note of any libraries that you need to do this for, as it could
help other people if you posted the list is response to queries by other
people, or indeed to bugzilla.

As a matter of interest, a lot of libraries need this treatment; you can
see the ones SELinux already knows about as follows:

# semanage fcontext -l | grep textrel

The first column of output is a regex matching full pathnames.

Also note that changes to context using "chcon" may get reverted if the
system is relabelled. Setting new defaults for the necessary files using
semanage stops this happening.

Paul.