Re: Firefox Acroread plugin not working

On 4/23/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 April 2006 17:17, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> >> Thank you very much Lauri, that worked like a champ.  But why does
> >> it seem to be such a huge secret other than its ulitmately being
> >> usefull to the blackhats?
> >>
> >> I assume that this command line (the top line above) can be used
> >> against any other known good (we think) but similarly malfunctioning
> >> (the bottom line above) program?
> >
> >Yes, if you are sure that's the malfunction.  The binary NVIDIA
> > driver's GLX and VMWare Workstation are the other examples I know of.
> >  Are there others?
> >
> That question is rhetorical I assume as we won't know till it bites us
> again if there are any others.  But it does tend to show just how much
> committment Adobe has in supporting linux.  Their test box is probably
> still running rh6.1...
>
> >--
> >   Matthew Saltzman
> >
> >Clemson University Math Sciences
> >mjs AT clemson DOT edu
> >http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should add the word
> 'online' between the 'verizon', and the dot which bypasses vz's
> stupid bounce rules.  I do use spamassassin too. :-)
> Yahoo.com and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
> message by Gene Heskett are:
> Copyright 2006 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, all rights reserved.

Gene, how is Adobe responsible for a problem caused by Red Hat /
Fedora Core developers? You are using essentially the same version of
Acrobat Reader that worked without problems for Fedora Core 4. It is
not Adobe's fault that the Red Hat / Fedora Core  implementers of
SELinux changed the rules after Acrobat Reader 7 was released. If you
have a bone to pick, take it up with the responsible party.