metacity mouse menus

Are the metacity mouse menus user configurable?

I'd like to add a mouse menu to metacity and make it feel a bit more
like my stock twm where button-1 gives me a menu that lets me start an
xterm, emacs or mozilla or resize windows.  I'd also like to blow way
the ms-windows like top-bar and bottom window-manager bar.  It eats up
way to much real estate, especially on a small XGA laptop screen.

(Is there a man page or help file describing the location and format
for the metacity configuration files and their options?  I can't find
anything on my fc5 install.)

-wolfgang