Re: Can't "make" ?

*Antonio Olivares wrote:*
*
--- Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*
I'm not sure what's happening here or why?  It
appears to want "KBUILD=/lib/modules/" added to the "make" command? Perhaps my syntax is wrong? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

[root@box4 ndiswrapper-1.12]# make KBUILD=/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build
make -C driver
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/download/networking/ndiswrapper-1.12/driver'
Can't find kernel build files in
/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/build;
  give the path to kernel build directory with
  KBUILD=<path> argument to make
make[1]: *** [prereq_check] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/download/networking/ndiswrapper-1.12/driver'
make: *** [all]

Thanks

Bob Goodwin

*
*
Bob,
   kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 is the one which causes
lot's of trouble.  You need to update it to a later
kernel.  I have also tried to compile to the directory
suggested, but it always gave error.  When I yum
installed new kernel I did not get that problem. There was no kernel-devel package released I believe or if there was it does not work. *
I guess I need to find a later kernel? I ran update with yumex yesterday and it deleted all the yum rpm's I had saved in this computer! The other computer, box4, has no internet connection yet, only the non functioning "wireless" adapter at which all of my effort is directed.
*
I did an ls of /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/ and build and sources were red when using terminals. I
guess that meant that they were not existant even
though I thought that I installed kernel-devel package
as well.
*
Yes, I do not know what the red file names mean, blue is a directory, but the rest of the colors? There ought to be a list somewhere but like many things I have not yet stumbled on it. At least I have been able to gather and install a number of rpm's and their dependencies and now the files attempt to "make" with errors. As you say I would probably do better with the updates. I will keep chipping away at it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bob Goodwin
* Regards,

Antonio