Re: USB thumb drive questio

Hi Marc,

> 1.   To check and start and stop automount:  system-> administration
> ->
> services -> autofs

Noted with tks.  What will be the command line to disable it:

> 2.  Are you running the strict selinux?  If so (anyone) doesn't that
> have
> everything locked down like this?

Yes.

> 4.  Maybe as a test, you could disable SELinux and see if you can get
> it to
> automount.  If you can, then at least you know what's interfering.
> Since
> you tried two thumbdrives that tends to validate selinux as a
> possible
> culprit.

Edited /etc/selinux/
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
# SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
# SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
# SETLOCALDEFS=0
SELINUX=disabled
* * * End * * *

Comment out
# SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE=targeted
# SETLOCALDEFS=0
Add "SELINUX=disabled"

Rebooted PC

# ps -ef | grep usb
root      2317  2293  0 17:47 pts/3    00:00:00 grep usb

# dmesg | grep usb
usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
usbcore: registered new driver libusual
usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[<ffffffff802a8d8c>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x50)
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-5: device not accepting address 2, error -110
usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 1-5: device not accepting address 3, error -110
usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-5: device not accepting address 4, error -110
usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-5: device not accepting address 5, error -110
* * * End * * *

No improvement.

> For TS
> purposes only I would recommend temporarily removing all other usb
> devices
> until you can get this handled.

- Removed wireless mouse transmitter
- Attach an USB mouse to PS/2 port with an adapter.
- SELinux off

Started PC.  Plugin the USB thumb drive.  Situation remained the same
unable to detect it.

B.R.
SL