firefox profile manager

I'm not sure, probably this is not proper place to ask this question, but since it is happening under FC4... I'll try.

I can't  start two different firefox profiles simultaneously.

firefox -P brings up the profile manager if no firefox window is running, otherwise it opens a new tab/window of the same profile.

firefox -P <profile name> again opens a specified profile if no firefox is running, and it opens the new window/tab of the running profile otherwise.

I tried the same with a fresh created firefox profile and with the new, freshly created user. The result is the same on this system no matter what I do. I also tried to reinstall the firefox - no help.

Did anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you in advance

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./